Hunger Site

The Hunger Site

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Get Rich Slow

Little habits that make a difference:
  • Order water at restaurants instead of soda and not the extra pancake or whole chicken or supersize for just a dollar more.  (Sorry, Mom and Dad.)
  • Conserve electricity and gas.
  • If you're buying greeting cards, go for Dollar Tree or Trader Joe's!
  • Borrow books and movies from the library.
  • Plan your meals to use your food before it spoils. 

In San Diego, we have Flagship, Taylor, and Luth Research.  They perform market research and pay participants for their time.  Since I signed up, I get emails and calls from them but have never actually returned their calls to see if I might qualify.  I’ve done two different studies for Eye Tracking Research.  One paid $30 and the other $50 for about 20 minutes.  The one that paid less was actually more grueling.  Luth Research runs Survey Savvy, which was the inspiration for the title of today’s post.  It’s funny because a) you don’t get rich and b) they pay you in 2-6 weeks. I much prefer the format of Surveys on the Go and Survey Mini.  Taking surveys on my phone is convenient.  Those two are often location-based and offer rewards even when you do not qualify.  I have earned probably over $30 on SOTG (It resets every time you cash out, and says $2.15 right now).  I'm at 20,900 points on Survey Mini and each survey rewards you at least 100 points. Well, sometimes it's a pesky coupon.  I say pesky because you get to choose between Long John Silvers, Victoria Secret and some other random place you'll never want to spend money.  I have 4241 Shopkicks.  That's worth $10 at HomeGoods, y'all, and almost all the way towards another $10 card, too since they cost 2500 kicks each.  $9 in Ibotta, $132.35 lifetime earnings.  And $35.24 on Inbox Dollars.  Wow, look, I made a box for Inbox Dollars and for Ebates.  I've gotten $90.52 back from Ebates.  So my silly little antics do have a rhyme and a reason, you see.  Also, Ibotta brought back their beloved movie rebates for Star Wars! If you've been looking for a reason to sign up, this is it.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


I put some money in a CD for the first time ever.  Nobody’s getting rich from those…  But this year I decided not to let the school district handle my money for me and didn’t opt into the “10 month 12 pays” system.  So the CD is step beyond a mental barrier with a sign saying “this money is not for spending.”  It is for the mortgage in the summer. And wowza, I’ll get 43 cents interest out of it or something!


If you’re looking for a real, out of the house hourly job where you can make a difference, Community Interface Services might be what you’re looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment